Current Orientation and English Test Dates
Minimum Requirements for Enrollment in the Program
The documents listed below must be completed if the student wants to partake in the extra curricular activities associated with ROTC, such as: Physical Training (PT), leadership labs, and Field Training Exercise (FTX) which include rifle ranges, land navigation training, obstacle courses, and leader reaction courses.
Initial Interview and Documents Requirements – This document lists all of the documents to bring during your initial interview.
ECLT (English Comprehension Level Test) – Minimum score of 65 points is required to join the program. Contact Mrs. Omayra Vedbraadten to schedule the test ROTC Bldg at Omayra.Vedbraaten@upr.edu.
Cadet Mini-Registration – This document provides HRA with the necessary information to being the enrollment process.
- Host School will be UPR Rio Piedras
- FICE code is 007108
DA 3425-R (Medical Statement for Enrollment) – Go to your physician and have that physician fill out this form stating you have no medical/physical conditions/impairments that may hinder your participation in ROTC.
Dental Exam Requirement Form – Need to know the location of your dental x-rays – for emergency purposes only. You are the person that signs this form. *Do not bring your dental x-rays*
- Block #9: DOB (Date of Birth)
- Block #10: POB (State of Birth)
- Block # 26: Next of Kin (parent, spouse or closest living relative) name and address.
- Block # 25a / 26a: FICE code is 003944
- Page 2: Initial one box in each section (blocks #42-46)
- Sign page 2 where is states “All information given on this form is correct to the best of my knowledge.”
Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Immunization record (copies) – Students must provide copies, for verification by ROTC Cadre, demonstrating that they are a citizen of the United States. This can be completed by producing either a U.S. Birth Certificate or unexpired U.S. Passport. Immunization record can be found at Puerto Rico Immunization Registry website (https://prir.salud.gov.pr).
CC 136-R – Government Sponsored Benefits for ROTC Cadets. Sign and date the bottom of the form. This indicates that you have read and understand the information on the form.
CC 137-R – Authorization/Declination for Access to Student Records
- Fill out part 1 if you would want to authorize an ROTC instructor to speak with your parents about your performance, to include grades, should they contact us.
- Fill out part 2 if you do not want us to discuss your performance with your parents/legal guardian.
Minimum Requirements for Conditional Contracting
Physical Exam – Scheduled in person with Mrs. Marti, Edibeth, DoDMERB coordinator.
If Prior Service, must have SMP agreement and provide:
- DD 2807-1 – Record of Medical History
- DD 2807-2 – Accessions Medical Prescreen Report
- DD 2808 – Record of Medical Examination
*Current from MEPS*(less than 24 months old)
DA 705 APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) Scorecard – APFT administered by ROTC Cadre. Minimum score of 180 (60 points on each event) required for contracting.
Documents Required for Contracting
In addition to the minimum requirements for enrollment, the following documents listed below must be completed to contract as an ROTC Cadet and receive Scholarship and/or Stipend.
Contracting Checklist – This is a checklist of every form needed in order to contract with the ROTC program.
CC 104-R – Planned Academic Program Worksheet.
You ROTC instructor may advise you on the best method for getting this document completed.
- Page 1 (1-7): completed by the Cadet and should contain all of the classes you need to complete your bachelor’s degree, as well as, all of the required ROTC classes.
- Page 3: Fill name of university and degree type. Cadet signature and date at bottom.
- Page 2, block # 12 must be signed by your academic advisor, acknowledging courses needed to complete your degree.
College Transcript, Copy; H.S. Transcript (2.5 term/cumulative GPA minimum)
SF 1199A – Direct Deposit Sign-up Form –
- Section 1 (A, D, & E): completed by the Cadet and must sign first signature block in that section.
- Section 3: Completed by the students bank official. Must have bank official’s signature.
Performance Counseling (IAW CC 145-1) – Record of Performance Counseling Session. Informing the cadet on the minimum expected performance to participate and stay in the program.
DD 2058 – State of Legal Residence. Fill in name, SSN, and your legal mailing address. Sign and date the bottom
- Section 1: Provide your name and address.
- Box 2: Provide your Social Security Number.
- Box 3: check the box that corresponds to your marital status, single or married.
- Line 5: total number of allowances you are claiming (page 3 for details).
SGLV 8286 – Service members’ Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate. Fill out your personal information in section 1, elect if you want the life insurance, or want to reduce the amount in section 2, list your beneficiaries information and payment options in section 3, and sign and date and fill information in section 5. The additional forms are provided to ensure you understand the purpose and how to complete the form.
DD 93 – Record of Emergency Data. Fill out the first two pages; if you need any instruction for how to fill out any part of these forms, pages 3 and 4 contain instruction.
DD Form 2005 – Privacy Act Statement – Health Care Records. This information is used to provide, plan and coordinate health care. Read form and sign and date the bottom.