The Housing Program of the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, is the only dependency within the entire university system that provides housing services. To be able to reside at Plaza Universitaria, it is required to be a full-time student enrolled in a program at any of the UPR campuses located in the metropolitan area.
Plaza Universitaria is comprised of three buildings with a capacity of 198 students per building, a total of 594 students. It is detailed as follows:
- 18 married housing units with a total cost of $570 per month
- 18 spacious single units with a total cost of $410 per month
- 24 single units with a total cost of $385 per month
- 36 units for students with disabilities with a total cost of $385 per month
- 240 double units with separate rooms with a total cost of $255 per month
Each building has a study room, one kitchen on each floor, a multipurpose room on the 6th floor with a 55” LCD TV and 5 reclining chairs, and a laundry with 5 washing machines and 5 dryers located in building 2. In addition, there is wireless internet access available in the study rooms. Each room is equipped with a bed, a bedside table, a desk, a closet, an air conditioning unit, and internet access. Double room units share a bathroom, a dining table area, two chairs, a kitchen cabinet, a microwave, and a fridge. We also have a fingerprint entry and exit system, security cameras and security guards in the common corridors, and security personnel during the evening as well as 24 hours during the weekends, holidays, and all 365 days of the year.